2 Nephi 33:3-7
3. But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.
4. And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal.
5. And it speaketh harshly against sin, according to the plainness of the truth; wherefore, no man will be angry at the words which I have written save he shall be of the spirit of the devil.
6. I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.
7. I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgement-seat.
These scriptures spoke to my heart. I know that prayer is what has been comforting me through I difficult challenge right now. I know deep conversation with the Lord has blessed me and it does bless the lives of those we are praying for. I do glory in truth, my Lord, and His perfect goodness for giving me peace, love, and comfort.
“Heavenly Father does hear every child’s prayer. With infinite love, He beckons us to come believe and belong by covenant.” -Elder Gerrit W. Gong (General Conference, Octorber 2019, Covenant Belonging)
I know in the hardest of situations the light of Christ, angels, the spirit, and Heavenly Father will always be there for me to feel comfort and love. Prayer is what I need for my soul. It is a light for my soul. As I pray often during the day, my day is better and I feel better.
Prayer is so very real in my life. It’s a bright light. I glory in prayer.