-willing to understand the Savior’s way-
The more I have focused on the life of the Savior, the more I want to follow His teachings.
I don’t know how anyone could argue His love and kindness that He wants us to have for ourselves and all people.
I have been reflecting on the words that He said at the Sermon On The Mount. That experience in the verses is pure and true.
I have thought of how the natural man within us doesn’t want us to thrive or become higher in our thoughts and spirit. The natural man desires us to lack in improvement and wants to seek the negative.
These scriptures have become so profound in my life especially in my interactions in my home and outside the home.
This year I have really yearned to see all of God’s children literally as God’s children. All loved by our Creator, equally. Each one of us is dearly loved and is seen with grace through His eyes.
We are all making it through life with experiences that can lead us toward paths that will grow us or shape us. He is the only one that knows our path and who we will become.
I want to see that love and open my mind to others in that same way.
3. Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4. Blessed are they that mourn; for they shall be comforted.
5. Blessed are the meek; for they shall inherit the earth.
6. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11. Blessed are ye, when shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12. Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
I read these verses and think of how much our heart is willing to change. I ponder how much I am willing to soften my anger when someone does wrong to me. I ponder my thoughts on how to love more in a world where we all see differently.
Yet, when I read these, I think of the strength that comes from the person that does their best to obtain these. Obtain the light of the kingdom of heaven.
When I think of heaven and Jesus Christ, I think of peace and embrace.
What I hope to bring to my home and myself is peace and embrace.
These verses empower me in my home.
There are days where it can be difficult to be a wife, mother, or a person in the world. I can find weaknesses and feel defeat if I am not doing everything I would like perfectly.
Yet, these verses are just asking for a willing and softened heart to obtain more grace and more peace in our earthly experiences.
I think of moments in my home when there is chaos. My family and I are all trying to see each other and understand one’s points of views. It doesn’t always work out, but I believe we all mean well.
In some form or another I believe we are all trying to grasp these verses and use them for our good.
My sweet husband is always willing to mourn with one of us when we are feeling sad. He is great at holding me during my low moments.
My son is such a pure heart and peace maker that he will share everything. He will help each of us when we are needing it. He understands all of our emotions and wants to comfort us.
My daughter hungers for righteousness. She wants to do what is right and is so grateful when her dad and I teach her with love and kindness.
I have a wonderful family that is willing to take efforts to change their hearts for Christ.
I am grateful for my heart that I want to obtain each of these loving directions in my life so that I can love myself, my family, and everyone around me.
With my goal in mind to yearn to love all of God’s children and follow Christ’s teachings, I feel the change in my heart.
We all benefit more when we think more compassionately and want to understand the heart of another.
I believe we all want to understand the hearts of each other.
When we look to Christ for that knowledge, we receive so much to understand.
2. And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
These scriptures are to benefit and add to our spirituality and learning in life. We are taught them to bless our lives and the ones we come in contact with.
These attitudes are what can add value to our lives.
I am seeing them in my interactions because of the example of our loving and perfect Savior, Jesus Christ.
We can’t go wrong by following such powerful and heart changing words. 🙂