The kids and I were playing hide and seek after school for a little while today.
It was funny to see my kids choose the same hiding spots over and over.
It’s comforting for them when they are the ones counting and go over to a hiding spot that is normally hid in to find one of us.
It was surprising to them each time, but they knew someone was there.
They knew when they “seeked” they would find who they were looking for.
It was a blast.
We reviewed a scripture for scripture study as a family and we discussed how we could seek out Christ in our daily lives.
The scripture is,
41. And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in your forever. Amen.
I shared with my family, just like in our game hide and seek when we are actively seeking out Jesus Christ in scripture study, prayer, and choose to follow His teachings we will find Him, know Him, and love Him.
When I am actively seeking out Christ in my daily activities I feel His love and that love is a blessing.
I feel His grace and I feel Him closer with me in my encounters each day.
I especially felt blessed today when I wanted to seek Him in my thoughts, words, and actions.
I want to share some of the blessings that I received and was seeking.
My Gratitude I Felt
- Being able to genuinely listen and love my child during a temper tantrum. I felt the spirit impress upon me to listen and be patient as Christ would do. The tantrum was resolved quicker than normal. That felt like an empowering blessing for me.
- Enjoying playing games with my kids. I love to play games but I loved how I was able to really connect and have the spirit of a child while playing one on one with them.
- Spending alone time with my husband. We were able to go to the store by ourselves while my mom watched the kids. That has only happened one other time. I felt blessed to talk and focus on us while we were out. I’m grateful to be married to my best friend.
- I’m grateful for all the yummy food we were able to have today. I haven’t had to worry about going hungry. I have always been able to eat what I want. That is a huge blessing for me!
- Listening to church talks and self help books. I can see how much they open up my thoughts and I desire to be more understanding and compassionate. I am grateful for content that nurtures me spiritually and mentally.
- My family and I do our best to read our scriptures and prayers together and individually everyday. We speak about what we learn and how the spirit comforts us when we do these things. I’m grateful for the comfort of the Holy Ghost.
- I lay with my kids every night before they fall asleep. I sing songs, talk about their day, I rub feet. I feel very connected with them. I’m grateful for bringing spirit children into the world that I can raise.
- I’m learning to love myself more. I want to love all of me. The inside and outside. I’m grateful for a healthy, happy body that strives for a healthy, happy mind.
I sought out many of these blessings today. I pondered each of them when I was in the moment.
I know that when we seek out the blessings in our lives we will find them. They are all around us.
I also know that when we seek out Jesus Christ we will find Him in our thoughts, words, and actions.
His comfort, love, and example will light up your path. When that path is lit you are able to see more understanding, strength, and love.
His grace is EVERYWHERE. Seek for it and you will find it.
He is the ultimate gift of love and I’m so grateful for that and Him!
I’m grateful for a living prophet that shares his gratitude and love for our Savior.
Here is the wonderful clip below of Russell M. Nelson sharing the healing power of gratitude during this Thanksgiving season and what is happening with the pandemic in our world.